Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Web Crawler (HTTP) 2

I have worked on the web crawler a considerable amount since i last posted on it. I have even gone as far as to implement ssl (for https). The Project is moving in forward in a positive direction. One compliant i have is the code is getting a bit jumbled, something I'll have to tidy up before i update the source code link.
The newest improvements are:separate handling for the HTTP requested and the addition of ssl. It works well enough that i can get my email. it still is console based and will probably not see any real GUI usage until an "official" release.
The main reason that i have not/will not release the updated source is that i need to clean up some personal information that was used for testing. I plan to work it up some more and then will provide the source.

No comments: